This weekend I made a new batch of the Dark Wheat Ale which was so enjoyed after the first creation. The recipe and process was very similar, with a few mild changes.
- Hops were the Cascade Hops this time. Added 15 minutes before the end of the boil
- The brew boiled over, which lost a bit of volume
- OG was 1.046 (a bit lower, likely due to the loss from the boilover and the addition to make up for that loss)
- A new huge mesh bag was used, which allowed the grains a lot of mobility while steeping. The result was a much better utilization of the grains based on my inexpert tasting of the result
- There was a TON of particulate in the carbouy a couple hours after the brew.